Saturday, September 22, 2007

*long relaxed sigh*

Today was my very first day off in 18 days.
I did. . . nutthin'. . . .
Oh sure - I slept in, I had a big pancake breakfast, a lesiurely shower. I talked to John and cleaned up my room (which has been even more neglected than usual) to make way for my brand spankin' new drafting table. I then bought the drafting table (which, during assembly, I found out is missing a rather important piece - I'll have to go by Curry's tomorrow and grab 'er up), had a big, deliciously starchy dinner with a big, deliciously fatty desert. And that's right. . .I made whipped cream. It was awesome. After dinner I worked on G's birthday scarf and watched Brisco County Jr. (which, for any of you whom are not familiar with this fine fine show - seriously check it out. It's a western/comedy/sci-fi starring Bruce Campbell. . . almost too good to be true, no?). All in all, a relaxing day.
Nevermind the fact that in 12 hours I will be at work. Nevermind that I have projects due on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. . . Nevermind that I still have to finish up a project for my Zombie Swap (due out on Monday). I drank tea and sat in my pyjamas and couldn't have been happier to do so.
That having been said - I have been thinking more and more about quitting my job. For good. For ever. So long bedding! Adios crappy retail! It has long been in the works for me to sell a line of crafts on Etsy, and I think I may get to it! Work has been giving me more hours lately than I can handle (even after many discussions with my boss as to why I cannot handle more than 10 hours per week and her agreeing that this is acceptable. I would very much like to not go any more. Ten hours a week at minimum wage isn't going to pay out much more than selling crafts online anyways, and I bet the latter would be a lot more fulfilling.
It's been nice to have a day to chill out and not have anything stressful on my mind. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to go and visit Cory and Robyn, but I needed a day at home to get some stuff organised (not to mention I don't want Robyn getting sick with this head cold after all of her health issues lately - that would suck!).

No comments: