Sunday, January 18, 2009
This is my second miniature painted.
I was going for a bit of a brighter palette with this guy - I ran into a few issues early on, and so I feel that the application of paint isn't as nice with this one. I'm pretty pleased with the colours, even if they are a bit cartoony.
I also used an iridescent medium to do metallics on this figure.
I've spent most of the weekend finishing a couple of miniatures. We've got Dungeons and Dragons today, and I'm really excited to put these guys into play.
The first posted here is the first figure I've painted - finally with static grass and some touched up colours to make him a little more snappy. The colours are a little more blue than true, but you can get the idea.
The figures are by Reaper Miniatures - part of a three pack of Orc Warriors
I've been using heavy bodied acrylics, thinned with a matte medium, combined with acrylic ink washes. Although I'm not unhappy with the results, I'm curious to try out maybe a fluid acrylic. A few of my colours are pretty old and crumby so I think the next paint I buy will be a bit more tailored to model painting/glazing.
I've applied a matte acrylic topcoat and some static grass.
Second Mini posted soon.