Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gainfully Unemployed

I finally quit my stupid awful job.
Rather, the new manager (my old manager was transferred to another store within the company with no notice. . .there's a big long story there that I'd rather not get in to, but let's jsut say that it's not a good scene, and I no longer felt good about the ethics and politics within the higher-ups) called after I didn't show up for a shift. I had already called her and told her that I was sick and unable to come in to work (more on that later) and she demanded a doctor's note. I thought this ridiculous, especially because I have never needed one in the past, it is not company policy and I don't want to go all the way to Angus to get a note for a headcold. So I told her that I wasn't coming in anymore. She got mad - told me that she didn't need this crap and that she doesn't have time for this. . . she's got a business to run. I stayed chipper and friendly and told her to have a good day. And that's that.
I've got to say it's pretty nice to know that you're not selling bedding anymore. I would really like to stay out of that type of retail in the future. The idea of selling people things that they most definately do not need really bothers me. Also the up-selling. I hate how good I am at it.
Aaaaand. . .I'm sick. It's just a headcold but I've very nearly lost my voice. I could only whisper when I awoke this morning, and now I sound like a goose. It should be cleared up in the next few days though, and I get a few days in my pjs playing vids as a result. Not too shabby overall. . .
My computer is also sick, and will be out of commission for a while. There's a trojan virus on there and its hacked my system or some jazz. I can't use the internet or any of my programs. That really stinks. Especially when I'm sick. . . .

No comments: