Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yikes!

Long time no post!
So, here I am in Ontario, living with my family once again. A nice vacation, actually. I've been playing house-wife: cooking, cleaning, getting my little brother and sister off to school, baking cakes, grocery shopping, laundry, knitting, clothing repair, you name it! Terribly excited about John coming out - only two more weeks!
Hallowe'en was awesomely fun: I dressed up as a "Rasta-fairy-an", donning dredlocks, a Jamaican hat and some glittery butterfly wings. No one knew what the hell I was, but I enjoyed the pun nevertheless.
As I'm sure you can tell by my "Movie review" off to the side there I've been watching a lot of kid's films lately. Apparently I've been out of the loop for the past 2 and a half years in the realm of children's cinema. I wasn't missing much, it would seem. Cute, but not terribly witty. Blech. . .
Piquette is doing well, though still mad at me. She and her sister, Rose, aren't getting along at all, though she and the new kitten are tolerating each other a great deal. They certainly are hard to call!
My dog and I have re-bonded, making me her current favourite person. She is getting at least one walk a day, her coat and teeth brushed every night, lots of toys and playtime and (now I didn't tell you this!) she can sleep in my bed. If ever you need to win over a dog's affections, the key isn't food - it's bed space and plenty of it.
I've been visiting Craftster a lot, and getting much inspiration for it. I have also found a really cool site by the name of Etsy where only handmade stuff is sold. I'm excited to open up shop, and am awaiting the arrival of a new sewing machine before doing so. Super primed though, I can't wait!

No comments: